Welcome to Saudé Creek
A scenic winding drive leads travelers to Saudé Creek Vineyards. Prior to the purchase of this land by winery, the acreage belonged to the Eames’ family for hundreds of years. An 18th century cemetery, surrounded by a black iron fence marks the final resting place and early passing of Edward Lee Eames (1871-1873). Saudé Creek’s historic acreage was the site of a colonial tavern named John Frank’s Ordinary, a meeting place for early travelers. Until the creation of Saudé Creek Vineyards, the land was farmed and then lay dormant. Saudé Creek’s goal is to renew and revive the land by growing present day grapevines.
With the purchase of the 100-acre property in 2008, 20 acres of grapes and 1000 apple trees. Grape varietals include Vidal Blanc, Traminette, Viognier, Petit Verdot, Petit Menseng and Chambourcin. Today, visitors to our wine room are offered magnificent views of the vineyard from a tasting room made of 160 year old timbers rescued from tobacco warehouses. Surrounded by lush gardens, the craftsman-style winery has 3,000 square feet of covered porches and a towering stone fireplace whose log fires gently illuminate the interior.